Beef Stroganoff Recipe
It has been unbearably cold the last couple weeks in Wisconsin. Every task on the farm is even more challenging and time consuming in these crazy negative temperatures. The air hurts your face. I don't know how many times I have decided an errand can wait until someday that it is bearable outside or asked myself if some ingredient in a recipe is really worth going out to the store for. For days and weeks like this we have our favorite simple recipes with ingredients we typically have on hand. Beef Stroganoff is one of those "go-tos". It is quick, hearty, simple, and delicious. I promise, you will love it.
1 lb beef (ground beef, stew meat, fajita meat)
8 oz mushrooms diced (optional)
2 large onions sliced
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Worcheshire sauce
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Black pepper to taste
Parsley finely chopped
1. In a skillet saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic in butter. Once onions are tender remove from the skillet and set aside.
2. Brown beef in skillet. Add one cup of broth, salt, and Worcheshire sauce. Heat until boiling and then reduce heat to simmer.
3. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Add remaining broth and flour. Stir.
5. Add mushroom and onion mixture back to skillet. Stir.
6. Add sour cream. Add black pepper and additional salt to taste.
7. Prepare noodles. Add tab of butter and parsley.
8. Spoon beef over noodles.
*Classic Beef Stroganoff - Betty Crocker*